Adapter Installation Issue

Mar 1, 2013 at 2:51 PM
Edited Mar 1, 2013 at 2:57 PM
I am having issue installing adapter in our BizTalk Server 2010 test environment. The installation is failing on the step where BTSTask.exe command line tool is executing trying to add schema and assemblies to BizTalk Server, specifically when it tries to connect to BizTalk management database. The error message (Error message in the Application Log -> Screeshot) states that:

Error: Unable to validate the given database "BizTalkMgmtDb" and server "MSBTSQLTEST".
Login failed for user 'DOMAIN_NAME\MSBTTEST12$'.

For some reason installer is trying to use server's windows user account to connect to database. I tried running the installer as myself using runas command since my windows user account has sysadmin rights on the SQL server, I tried modifying the DeployBizTalkAssembly.cs in the project specifying domain, username and password to use when executing custom action during the installation, I tried right-clicking on the Setup.exe and run with elevated permissions as administrator but none of those solutions worked. At this point I am puzzled, my main concern is why the installer using server windows user account when connecting to database and what should be the work around for it? Any help would be appreciated.

Art
Mar 20, 2013 at 8:52 PM
Edited Mar 20, 2013 at 9:39 PM
Figured it out. The user the deploy was trying to use was in SQL so I just gave it dbo access to the "BizTalkMgmtDb", the install then required me to add the BizTalk application "BizTalk.Samples.Adapter.Tcp" prior to running setup. I also changed the connection string in the app.config for "Microsoft.Samples.BizTalk.Adapter.Tcp" to point to the server where the BizTalk databases are located.

Thanks
Tom
Dec 22, 2015 at 8:12 PM
Tom,
  I am facing same issue. Can you explain more how to resolve this. Do you have setup with this fix?

Thanks
Raju